Future OT Settings

When thinking about the future of being an occupational therapist, a setting I have always seen myself working in is pediatrics. I have always loved to hang out with kids and get to know them better and help them do whatever it is they want to do. At least half of my shadowing hours came from St. Louis Children's Specialty Rehab Center, so it was all based around children and adolescents. I had so much fun here seeing all different types of interventions and watching the therapists I shadowed under use their skills, creativity, and different way of communicating to assist their clients in meeting their goals or at least working towards them.

Even though I have always loved this setting, I am still definitely open to other types of settings. I am hoping to get a better grasp of what area I want to practice in after learning more about the many different types of settings and after gaining experience with wherever I end up doing my fieldwork assignments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neuro Note #4 - Huntington's Disease

Locus of Control

Fitting Assistive Devices